Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Chow, P. I., Berenbaum, H., & Wang, C. (2015). The validity and reliability of an abridged version of the Perceived Affect Utility Scale (PAUSe). European Journal of Psychological Assessment.
- Chow, P. I., & Berenbaum, H. (2015). The relation between depression and appreciation: The role of perceptions of emotional utility in an experimental test of causality. Cognition and Emotion.
- Chow, P. I., Berenbaum, H., & Flores, L. E. (2014). Examining the temporal and contextual stability of perceptions of emotional utility. Cognition and Emotion, 29, 1224-1238.
- Chow, P. I., & Roberts, B. W. (2014). Examining the Relationship between Changes in Personality and Changes in Depression. Journal of Research in Personality, 51, 38-46.
- Schoenleber, M. L., Berenbaum, H., & Chow, P. I. (2014). Self-conscious emotions in worry and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. British Journal of Clinical Psychology, 53, 299-314.
- Chow, P. I., Berenbaum, H., & Flores, L. E. (2013). Is energy expenditure in emotion regulation dependent on individual differences and the specific emotion in question? Motivation and Emotion, 37, 758-764.
- Chow, P. I., Berenbaum, H., & Flores, L. E. (2013). The role of perceived utility of emotion in interpersonal sensitivity and depression. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 32, 859-877.
- Berenbaum, H., Chow, P. I., Flores, L., & Schoenleber, M. (2013). Pleasurable emotions, age, and life satisfaction. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 8, 140-143.
- Huang, S., Berenbaum, H., & Chow, P. I. (2013). Distinguishing voluntary from involuntary attention to emotion. Personality and Individual Differences, 54, 894-898.
- Chow, P. I., and Berenbaum, H. (2012). Perceived utility of emotion: The structure and construct validity of the Perceived Affect Utility Scale in a cross-ethnic sample. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 18, 55-63.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Chow, P. I., Xiong, H., Fua, K., Bonelli, W., Teachman, B. A., & Barnes, L. E. SAD: Social Anxiety and Depression monitoring system for college students. CHI Conference for Human-Computer Interaction.
- Rosengren, K. S., Miller, P. J., Gutierrez, I. T., Chow, P. I., Schein, S., & Anderson, K. N. (2014). Children’s Understanding of Death: Toward a Contextualized and Integrated Account. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development.
- Miller, P. J., Gutierrez, I. T., Chow, P. I., & Schein, S. (2014). European Americans in Centerville: Community and family contexts. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 79, 19-42.