Associate Professor of Public Policy and Psychology
228 Gilmer Hall
Goal pursuit in social systems: social judgment, self regulation, decision making, cooperation and competition
More information about the social area available here:
- Converse, B. A., Risen, J. L., & Carter, T. J. (2012). Investing in karma: When wanting promotes helping. Psychological Science, 23, 923-930.
- Converse, B. A. & Fishbach, A. (2012). Instrumentality boosts appreciation: Helpers are more appreciated while they are useful. Psychological Science, 23, 560-566.
- Sackett, A. M., Meyvis, T., Nelson, L. D., Converse, B. A., & Sackett, A. L. (2010). You’re having fun when time flies: The hedonic consequences of subjective time progression. Psychological Science, 21, 111-117.
- Epley, N., Converse, B. A., Delbosc, A., Monteleone, G., & Cacioppo, J. T. (2009). Believers’ estimates of God’s beliefs are more egocentric than estimates of other people’s beliefs. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 106, 21533-21538.
- Converse, B. A., Lin, S., Keysar, B., & Epley, N. (2008). In the mood to get over yourself: Mood affects theory-of-mind use. Emotion, 8, 725-730.
- Keysar, B., Converse, B. A., Wang, J., & Epley, N. (2008). Reciprocity is not give and take: Asymmetric reciprocity to positive and negative acts. Psychological Science, 19, 1280-1286.