Diversifying Psychology Visit Day at University of Virginia
Are you thinking about a doctoral degree in psychology?
Do you want to learn more?
Diversifying Psychology Visit Day
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia
This event is for research-oriented, junior and senior undergraduate students (and recent graduates) from underrepresented groups (e.g., students who identify as an ethnic/racial minority or who are the first in their family to attend college) who want to learn more about psychology graduate school and the Psychology Department at UVA (http://psychology.as.virginia.edu/people).
Accepted students will have their travel, meal, and hotel costs covered to spend the day visiting the department on April 28th, 2017.
The visit will include:
- individual and small group meetings with professors to discuss students’ intellectual interests
- attending research presentations and lab meetings
- information on applying to graduate school, funding opportunities, mentoring, and student life
- information session with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion and the Director of Clinical Training
- networking with current graduate students
To apply: students should send:
1) 1-2 paragraphs describing their research experience and interests, as well as how their research interests align with 1-2 faculty members in the UVA Psychology Department (http://psychology.as.virginia.edu/people), and why they want to attend the Visit Day
2) an unofficial copy of their transcript
3) their CV or resume
3) 1 letter of recommendation that speaks to their capacity for graduate study in psychology (letter writers can submit their letter directly to email@example.com)
Please submit all materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note, students who applied last year but were not invited to the visit day are encouraged to apply again.
Deadline: Applications are due February 15th, 2017.