Adolescent Social Development, Family Relations, Peer relations & Problematic Behaviors (ranging from delinquency and teen pregnancy to depression and anxiety).
Development of peer influence and peer pressure in adolescence.
Intervention Research to alter the quality of interactions taking place within secondary school classrooms.
Development of Autonomy and Relatedness in Adolescent and Young Adult Social Interactions (with parents, peers, and romantic partners)
Adolescent attachment organization.
Interventions that capitalize on the positive potential of teen-peer relationships
- Allen, J. P., Chango, J., Szwedo, D. E., Schad, M. M., & Marston, E. G. (2012). Predictors of susceptibility to peer influence regarding substance use in adolescence. Child Development, 83(1), 337-350. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2011.01682.x
- Allen, J. P., Pianta, R. C., Gregory, A., Mikami, A. Y., & Lun, J. (2011). An interaction-based approach to enhancing secondary school instruction and student achievement. Science, 333(6045), 1034-1037. doi: 10.1126/science.1207998
- Marston, E. G., Hare, A., & Allen, J. P. (2010). Rejection sensitivity in late adolescence: social and emotional sequelae. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 20(4), 959-982.
- Allen, J. P., & Allen, C. W. (2009). Escaping the Endless Adolescence: How We Can Help Our Teenagers Grow Up Before They Grow Old. New York: Ballatine.
- Allen, J. P., & Antonishak, J. (2008). Adolescent Peer Influences: Beyond the Dark Side. Understanding Peer Influence in Children and Adolescents, 141-160.